Welcome to the CARIS Lab Wiki!
This wiki is intended for members of the CARIS group. If you're looking for our public page, please go here. This wiki contains useful orientation information and other lab references. We are a part of the Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of British Columbia
This is a collaborative venture! If you have an idea to improve the wiki, please do it!
Note: to improve your wiki viewing and editing experience, you can adjust "my preferences" (tab located at top of screen). For example, under Preferences->misc you can change whether headings apprear auto-numbered or not. You can also change the wiki's skin.
Required Reading for All Lab Members
- Lab Notes - Lab and departmental administrative information.
- Working in the CARIS Lab - Expectations for students.
- Task List - New Student List, Job Descriptions, and lists of ongoing work in the lab. Please review and update regularly.
Starting Links & Main Content
Here are a few useful links for the wiki (will only work once you are signed in):
CARIS Beginner's Guide
CARIS Admininstrative Stuff
- Meeting Minutes
- Annual Meeting Notes
- People - Please update your contact information.
- Room Bookings - For meetings and for user studies.
- Travel - Information regarding travel, including claim forms and reimbursements.
- Shipping and Brokering - Read before making purchases or arranging for repairs outside Canada.
CARIS Research Helper
- Experiment Design - For anyone designing experiments for HRI study
- Fellow HRI Labs - Relevant research labs
- Grant Proposals - Links to recent grant proposals
- Presentations - Handy, professional templates for that upcoming presentation
- Research Ethics - For anyone contemplating user studies -> Another recommended link: Experiment Design
- References - Links to your labmates' references. The use of Mendeley for Word, Open Office, LaTex, is popular in the lab (and recommended).
- Thesis and Papers - Guidelines, suggestions and helps. Write early and write often!
- Journals/Conferences Copyright - Links to copyright information for several journals/conferences
CARIS Tech Docs
- Equipment - List of equipment in the lab and related technical documents including ROS info. Links to CARIS equipment booking calendar. These pages should be updated each time a piece of equipment is added or removed from the lab. If equipment is borrowed/moved/upgraded it must be documented here. Includes all of our Robots including our WAM and CRS Manipulators,PR2, and RISER platform. (Check here before moving NI equipment!)
- Equipment Setup - Source for how-to info on how to set up equipment, install software, etc. (note this page - about QUARC - needs to be merged or renamed).
- Matlab Resources - Courtesy of Matlab "Evangelist" Giampiero Campa
- Electronics Tips, Tricks, Info - Place for general info, advice, on electronics design and repair relevant to the lab. Find info on electronics specific to equipment on the Equipment List page.
- PR2_Wiki - Separate Wiki specifically for PR2, people that belong to the PR2 group will have access to this.
- 3D Printing 3D printing information and instructions on the H700 printer of the lab
Working Docs and Pages
Questions? ask one of your labmates!!! or bring it up at the weekly meeting :-)